Summary:Wheelchairs are a means of transportation for people with limited mobility. After buying a Aluminum manual wheelchair , they must be maintained and in...
Wheelchairs are a means of transportation for people with limited mobility. After buying a Aluminum manual wheelchair
, they must be maintained and inspected frequently, so as to make the user safer and increase the service life of the wheelchair.
First, let’s talk about several common problems in wheelchairs
Fault 1: Tire holes
1. Inflate the tires
2. It feels firm when you pinch off the tire. If the hand feels soft and pressed, it may be a leak or a hole in the inner tube.
Note: Refer to the recommended tire air pressure on the tire surface when inflatingFault 2: Corrosion
Visually check whether there are brown rusty spots on the surface of the wheelchair, especially the wheels, hand wheels, spokes and small wheels. Possible cause
1. The wheelchair is placed in a damp place 2. The wheelchair is not regularly maintained and cleanedFault 3: Can't walk in a straight line
When the wheelchair slides freely, it does not move in a straight line. Possible cause
1. Loose wheels and severe tire wear
2. Wheel deformation
3. Tire holes or flat tires
4. Damaged or rusted wheel bearingsFault 4: loose wheels
1. Check whether the bolts and nuts of the rear wheel are tightened
2.Whether the wheels walk in a straight line or swing left and right when the wheels are rotating
Fault 5: Deformation of wheels
Repairing will be more difficult, so please call the wheelchair repair service if you need it.
Fault 6: loose parts
Check if the following parts are tightened and functioning normally.
1. Cross bracket 2. Seat/back cushion cover 3. Side baffle or armrest 4. Foot pedalFault 7: Improper adjustment of brake
1. Use the brake to park the wheelchair 2. Try to push the wheelchair on a flat ground 3. Pay attention to whether the rear wheels move.
When the brake is operating normally, the rear wheel will not turn.